This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

New Galleries: Shadow Commander & DIA Commander

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

New Galleries: Shadow Commander & DIA Commander

Postby Dead Metal » Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:06 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Well I guess you all got your presents from Santa, now you get your presents from Seibertron.com!

The upgrade, or "project" which is how Fansproject refers to them, that made Fansproject famous (it wasn't their first) was the TFX Parallax 01 City Commander, or as we all like to call it: The Classics Ultra Magnus upgrade armour. A set that just seemed so perfect with the sculpting, the detailing, the engineering, the design, the quality, the packaging, and the functionality. Fansproject showed us that fan-made custom toys can have near Hasbro-like quality. However, just like with mass produced releases by Hasbro or Takara, City Commander did have a few problems, problems Fansproject learned from and improved for it's next releases: The Shadow Commander, Powered Commander, D.I.A. Clone Commander (you see what they did there?), and the 2009 re-release of City Commander. And we at Seibertron.com are proud to present to you the Seibertron.com galleries of the Shadow Commander and the D.I.A. Clone Commander!

To get to the galleries, just click the images below!

First off we have the Shadow Commander, an upgrade so evil, so incredibly evil, that not only is it black and goes perfectly with SDCC Exclusive Universe (2008) Nemesis Prime, but it also has a pink sword – that's how evil it is. The Shadow Commander came with everything the original City Commander came with, a new Nemesis Prime-like face, the aforementioned pink sword, and an improved structure all packed together in a far superior plastic quality than that of City Commander -oh and it was even more limited than the City Commander. For a long time this set was the cheapest and easiest to get variation of the mold, lasting for almost a year before the last one was sold, just to put this into perspective City Commander sold out within a month after it's release, it is now the most expensive and hardest to find version of the mold.

Now here we have the D.I.A. Clone Commander, this is one of two releases that are based on Diaclone Powered Convoy (get it? D.I.A. Clone = Diaclone, clever Fansproject), the toy we now know as G1 Ultra Magnus. One, the rarer and more desirable version was a limited to 500 pieces exclusive for the Canadian fan convention TFCon Toronto and was made to fit Classics Optimus Prime. Then there is the D.I.A. Clone Commander, a less rare variation, based on the Chromed Powered Commander variation made to fit Henkei Convoy/Optimus Prime. This version lacks some of the extras that came with the TFCon version but does feature chromed parts, it is still available at some stores. This did cause some controversy due to the sets being so similar, while one was an exclusive and the other was a general release, well as general as a limited-run fan made toy can be.

You want to see more 3rd party toy galleries? Just click here!

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Re: New Galleries: Shadow Commander & DIA Commander

Postby Seibertron » Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:47 am

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Thanks for posting this Dead Metal!

Just wanted to point out that I did some fun pics with Shadow Commander and his fellow "Stunticons". Make sure you guys check out those pics as well. Those pics have been a long time coming and I could only do it now that I finally have Henkei Wildrider.

Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3556
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Rated X » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:08 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
I hate the red and blue version of Ultra Magnus. This version is a kick in the ass to those who missed out on the Original City Commander and are hoping for a re-issue of the original.
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby Dead Metal » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:41 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Rated X wrote:I hate the red and blue version of Ultra Magnus. This version is a kick in the ass to those who missed out on the Original City Commander and are hoping for a re-issue of the original.

There is a reissue of the original, just like I said in the article, an improved re-release.

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby Forgotten » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:54 am

Motto: ""Give me a piece of break" - my 3 year old son"
Great galleries! I'm still hoping & praying that they reissue the Shadow Commander armor. I bought it shortly after it came out & it became an instant favorite of mine. Sadly, while I was out of town on business it was one of the figures my son destroyed from my office. I refuse to buy the KO but I certainly can't pay $300+ for something that I bought for $70 around a year ago. :sad:
Currently searching for Cybertron Supreme Starscream & G2 Go-Bots Megatron, Complete at good prices. PM if you can help please.
Forgotten
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 8
Watch Forgotten on YouTube
Buy from Forgotten on eBay

Postby WolfDawg » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:11 am

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
I love the "Stunticon" pictures! Great gallery as usual. I had no idea that the Shadow Commander armor had become so expensive, though. I'm glad I got mine when during its initial release.
WolfDawg
Brainmaster
Strength: 4
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 1
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Postby prmlove1 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:24 am

Motto: ""Till all are mine""
Weapon: High-Powered Plasma Blaster With Infra-Red Sight
Forgotten wrote:Great galleries! I'm still hoping & praying that they reissue the Shadow Commander armor. I bought it shortly after it came out & it became an instant favorite of mine. Sadly, while I was out of town on business it was one of the figures my son destroyed from my office. I refuse to buy the KO but I certainly can't pay $300+ for something that I bought for $70 around a year ago. :sad:

I want a rerelease of Shadow Comander also. The KO version is quite difficult to find now also though.
I am looking for a set of Botcon 2012 Junkions at a decent price...
prmlove1
Micromaster
Buy from prmlove1 on eBay
Strength: 7
Speed: 3
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7

Postby barricade2218 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:59 am

Motto: "To punish and enslave..."
I had no clue the Shadow Commander had become worth so much either. I'm glad I got mine the first go around. I forsee their Protector armour being as popular, and it certainly is a high quality product. I'm glad I invested in that one as well.
barricade2218
Combiner
Buy from barricade2218 on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Gripen1974 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:01 am

Motto: "Speed, Stealth and Storms is the 3 S that is essential tools for a good recon run"
Weapon: Rapid-Fire Sonic Shell Cannons
I want a generation release of Ultra Magnus so i can pick up him and get the armour complete.

I love decepticons and Ultra Magnus after all my real name is Magnus, So cool decepticons and Ultra Magnus do i pick up even if they aren't G1.
Gripen1974
Micromaster
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 10
Endurance: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 4

Postby Autobot032 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:58 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Rated X wrote:I hate the red and blue version of Ultra Magnus. This version is a kick in the ass to those who missed out on the Original City Commander and are hoping for a re-issue of the original.

Why? It's a redesign/homage of a real toy. Diaclone Powered Commander. The only difference between the two is that the Commander/Optimus figure was blue on the original, and all we have now is red.

Also, it doesn't prevent you from getting City Commander, nor was it a poor man's replacement. He was made, specifically to looks like he does, for a certain niche of the collector market. Chrome and all, not to mention, he was a convention exclusive at one point. He's merely a repaint like Shadow Commander. Nothing more, nothing less, and most certainly not an evil master plan to prevent you from getting your coveted City Commander.

Heck, I chose the D.I.A. Commander set because I prefer the colors over the Ultra Magnus set. Yeah, it was more affordable for me to buy it, I can't deny that, but I do actually prefer it. I wouldn't mind a blue Optimus cab to make it look more like the Diaclone, but as is? Awesome set.

I'm sorry you didn't get City Commander (he's still available in some places, btw), but don't try and ruin it for everyone else because you're not happy. That's not fair.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby Rated X » Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:13 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Autobot032 wrote:

Why? It's a redesign/homage of a real toy. Diaclone Powered Commander. The only difference between the two is that the Commander/Optimus figure was blue on the original, and all we have now is red.

Also, it doesn't prevent you from getting City Commander, nor was it a poor man's replacement. He was made, specifically to looks like he does, for a certain niche of the collector market. Chrome and all, not to mention, he was a convention exclusive at one point. He's merely a repaint like Shadow Commander. Nothing more, nothing less, and most certainly not an evil master plan to prevent you from getting your coveted City Commander.

Heck, I chose the D.I.A. Commander set because I prefer the colors over the Ultra Magnus set. Yeah, it was more affordable for me to buy it, I can't deny that, but I do actually prefer it. I wouldn't mind a blue Optimus cab to make it look more like the Diaclone, but as is? Awesome set.

I'm sorry you didn't get City Commander (he's still available in some places, btw), but don't try and ruin it for everyone else because you're not happy. That's not fair.

Not trying to offend anyone. I am just G1 to the core. Not interested in color schemes that represent Japanese historical figures. I just feel Fansproject should re-issue the mold in original colors. Im not saying they cant do repaints too, but at least keep the original available to help people complete their 1986 G1 movie display. Last year we got Arcee, and Springer (third parties). This year we got Rodimus upgrade kit and a kind of crappy but passable Blurr. Now were getting Kup and Wreck-Gar. Why wont they re-issue Ultra Magnus in original colors ??? Dont they realize that the Michael Bay movies spawned alot of new collectors like myself who didnt even know these modern day G1 figures existed before mid 2007 ??? Yo Fansproject, pull out the City Commander mold and fire it up one more time, I beg you !!!
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+

Postby Autobot032 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:19 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Rated X wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:

Not trying to offend anyone. I am just G1 to the core. Not interested in color schemes that represent Japanese historical figures. I just feel Fansproject should re-issue the mold in original colors. Im not saying they cant do repaints too, but at least keep the original available to help people complete their 1986 G1 movie display. Last year we got Arcee, and Springer (third parties). This year we got Rodimus upgrade kit and a kind of crappy but passable Blurr. Now were getting Kup and Wreck-Gar. Why wont they re-issue Ultra Magnus in original colors ??? Dont they realize that the Michael Bay movies spawned alot of new collectors like myself who didnt even know these modern day G1 figures existed before mid 2007 ??? Yo Fansproject, pull out the City Commander mold and fire it up one more time, I beg you !!!

City Commander is still available! Why would FansProject fire up the mold again when their current shipment is still available?

ToyArena has it, with the add on kit.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby Forgotten » Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:23 pm

Motto: ""Give me a piece of break" - my 3 year old son"
http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=details&CatType=&II=TFAUMKIT-3&lang=us&CatID= Robotkingdom.com Great place, I buy from them regularly. They're not overpriced & they keep things in stock a bit more than other sites. Shipping usually takes a week to the U.S. :CON:

EDIT: I checked toyarena.com & they are out of stock currently but as I said RK has them ready to go at a decent price.
Currently searching for Cybertron Supreme Starscream & G2 Go-Bots Megatron, Complete at good prices. PM if you can help please.
Forgotten
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 8
Watch Forgotten on YouTube
Buy from Forgotten on eBay

Postby Court Jester » Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:56 pm

A MISB collector here just opened one more Shadow Commander and DIA Commander after viewing these galleries. Perfect way to advertise the product. Fantastic stuff. Can't wait for your Shadow Scyther gallery. Honestly, way more enjoyable than reading about something that would eventually get here. Video reviews are great for transformations, but I prefer the details in modular stills to show off the sculpts' intricacies (i.e. implied panel lines or robot head's crest detail). Yeah, she's just now putting the foot kit on and told me to ask what was the big deal with installation - cake. I'm thinking of putting a led in Nemesis' hands and eyes and glossing some glow-in-the-dark paint on the teal paint apps in homage to TRON's pwnage.
2011 LI5 8-} 5EN!
Court Jester

Postby Vicalliose » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:26 am

Motto: "Focus on one thing at a time? Are you crazy!? WHO DO YOU THINK I AM!!!"
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Sonic Boomer Gun
Some people (most, probably) may prefer all the versions of the city commander mold made after the original 2008 version. However, I'm not even the slightest upset that they released a version with the upgrade parts after the one I bought. Why? Because the separately purchasable upgrade sets actually came with the extra faces that the new ones don't have. Because of this, I was less hesitant in getting a D.I.A. Commander set when they went on sale, since I actually have the mouth-plate to replace it's face with, thus actually making it look different from my city commander.

All this, makes me feel like I'm devoted to them now. As in, if I ever see a new toy from them, I will undoubtedly buy it. Apart from the fact that the BotCon version of the Commander is impossible to get a hold of, and I never had any counterpart for the Shadow Scyther. Believe me though, if I had an SG Rodimus or a Gentei Wildrider, I wouldn't have hesitated to jump on that one.

Unfortunately, I missed my chance to get a Superion upgrade set too. I was waiting to order it along with the Bruticus upgrades, and lost my chance because of it. I just hope that one shows up on ebay for a reasonable price one day. Not likely that'll happen though.

I will most likely be getting all of the Causality figures anyway.
"Government, even in it's best state, is but a necessary evil; in it's worst state, an intolerable one." -Thomas Paine
Vicalliose
Targetmaster
Watch Vicalliose on YouTube
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 3
Courage: 3
Skill: 1

Postby trence5 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:02 am

Motto: "I GOT BETTER THINGS TO DO TONIGHT THAN DIE!"
Weapon: Photon Eliminator Rifle
Autobot032 wrote:

:APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:
thanx alot for that, you just put my mind at ease about purchasing DIA Armor. Even though I'm diehard Ultra Magnus fan, I agree with everything you said, especially the highlighted bold parts 8) 8) ... It nearly blew my mind how much City Commander was going for, price was only a 1/3 of the battle. Then you have to find one that's in stock with is the 2nd battle. Oh and you'd think that a white color Optimus would not be so hard to find right? Guess again.
Like someone stated in another thread, without the trailer the Ultra Magnus figure is just a white colored Optimus truck cab. DIA commander was affordable AND available
trence5
Combiner
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ZC FOC Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC237139 1ZC (CA) Liefeld"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Last Ronin LOST YEARS #1 RI 1:100 IDW Comics JUN229279 1F RI (CA) Deodato"
TMNT Last Ronin LO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #131 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 MAY221561 131RI Ninja Turtles (CA) Mercado"
TMNT #131 RI 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT JENNIKA II #1 (of 6) RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2020 Ninja Turtles 1RI SEP200445"
TMNT JENNIKA II #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #134 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 SEP221727 134RI Turtles Ongoing (CA) Smith"
TMNT #134 RI 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT VS STREET FIGHTER #4 Cvr C IDW Comics 2023 JUN231487 4C (CA) Reilly"
TMNT VS STREET FIG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #150 Cvr B IDW Comics 2024 FEB241061 150B Ongoing (CA) Eastman + Campbell"
NEW!
TMNT #150 Cvr B ID ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr O 1:15 Foil Virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 FEB240202 3O Nakayama"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #4 Cvr F 1:10 Boom Studios Comics 2023 JAN230392 4F"
MMPR TMNT II #4 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr F action figure Dynamite Comics 2024 FEB240193 3F (CA) Moss"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr N metal premium Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230217 1N Nakayama"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Last Ronin LOST YEARS #4 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 APR231595 4A (CA) Gallant"
TMNT Last Ronin LO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT VS STREET FIGHTER #1 Cvr D RI 1:25 IDW Comics 2023 1D 1RI (CA) Federici"
TMNT VS STREET FIG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #143 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 JUL231250 143A Ninja Turtles Ongoing (CA) Smith"
TMNT #143 Cvr A ID ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #350 - Oops! All Optimus
Twincast / Podcast #350:
"Oops! All Optimus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 18th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Furos and Hardhead" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Autobot Stylor and Chromedome" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Swindle" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot First Aid Figure" on AMAZON