This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

DoD: Transformers 3 Needs Military Extras!

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

DoD: Transformers 3 Needs Military Extras!

Postby Seibertron » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:41 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Thanks to Tiffany Leigh for sharing the following news with us straight from the Department of Defense's Facebook page:

Department of Defense wrote:Transformers 3 would like to have military extras for a big scene that's scheduled to be filmed in Washington, DC on the National Mall next week. The dates of the filming are from Tuesday, October 12, through Thursday, October 14. This is a night scene, so filming would be from 1830 to approximately 0630 the following morning. It's an important scene involving the U.S. military "NEST" team featured in the other Transformers pictures. It's always much better when actual military personnel portray military extras, rather than civilians.

The production company is seeking:

- 33 men between the ages of 23 and 35;

- Height between 5' 11" and 6" 2" (approximately);

Volunteers must report for NEST uniform fittings on Sunday afternoon, Oct 10, at the Washington Marriott Hotel, 1221 22nd St. NW Washington, DC 20037.

If they are driving, they must park in the public parking lot within a block of the hotel, not at the hotel itself, and proceed to Georgetown #2 Room (just off the lobby). They must be in uniform (ACU, ABU, whatever military attire they wear daily), and bring a pen & ID to fill out a $50 pay voucher (they will receive a check by mail).

Anyone who reports for a fitting will be hired as an extra. Extras must be prepared to work all three nights, though it's likely that the director will not need all 33 extras for the entire 3-day duration of the filming. For each day of filming, they will be paid $100 for the first 8 hours of work, and overtime for any additional hours, to a maximum of approximately $200 if the filming runs over 12 hours.

Interested servicemembers should phone the casting line ASAP, (310) 351-1909 to make an appointment for the fitting, and identify themselves as calling about DC military extras. They should be prepared to be asked about their ethnic identity. The production company wants as much ethnic diversity as possible, and the short-fused nature of the casting call precludes having an audition in person.

Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3557
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: DoD: Transformers 3 Needs Military Extras!

Postby mattyc1007 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:34 pm

Motto: "You Wouldn't Like Me When I'm Hungry"
Weapon: Sword
Why won't Mr. Bay film a section in Liverpool and then ask for Extras, I'll be the fat dude eating a burger while giant alien robots fight in the background ;)

Transform and Chill Out!

Couldnt Resist (Check Em Out!)

http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/viewtopic.php?f=143&t=48806

Don't delete me, not my fault I only log in every eon :(
mattyc1007
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 1
Watch mattyc1007 on YouTube
Alt Mode: 93 Talbot Express
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 2
Endurance: 8
Courage: 5
Skill: 7

Postby DeathBlast » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:56 pm

Make sure you read the fine print.

Pentagon: "The number of new recruits is at its all time low..We need a way to get the numbers up,and more troops on to the battle field..any idea's."

Phone rings:Ring..Ring...Ring

Pentagon:"Hello.."

Bay: "Hi..this is director Michael Bay..Yup same 1..See im filming a 3rd installment to the Transformers movie,and i am gonna need the Pentagon's help in filming certain battle scenes..ect...ect."

Pentagon: "Clearance Granted.." "OH..by the way were gonna need more troops"

Bay:"No problem General"

newspaper/internet: Military extras needed for filming of Transformers 3.

People: "Oh boy im gonna be in the movies."
signs contracts/other forms
filming ends.

3 months later: phone call/letter
"We would like to inform you that you are to be (here)by (date) for basic training.blah,blah, blah,blah ,and we thank you for your,decision to join the Military..make us proud."

why do I picture this happening?
DeathBlast
Minibot
News Credits: 4

Postby mattyc1007 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:44 pm

Motto: "You Wouldn't Like Me When I'm Hungry"
Weapon: Sword
DeathBlast wrote:Make sure you read the fine print.

Pentagon: "The number of new recruits is at its all time low..We need a way to get the numbers up,and more troops on to the battle field..any idea's."

Phone rings:Ring..Ring...Ring

Pentagon:"Hello.."

Bay: "Hi..this is director Michael Bay..Yup same 1..See im filming a 3rd installment to the Transformers movie,and i am gonna need the Pentagon's help in filming certain battle scenes..ect...ect."

Pentagon: "Clearance Granted.." "OH..by the way were gonna need more troops"

Bay:"No problem General"

newspaper/internet: Military extras needed for filming of Transformers 3.

People: "Oh boy im gonna be in the movies."
signs contracts/other forms
filming ends.

3 months later: phone call/letter
"We would like to inform you that you are to be (here)by (date) for basic training.blah,blah, blah,blah ,and we thank you for your,decision to join the Military..make us proud."

why do I picture this happening?

It Is quite a reality if the small print may include entering service for a few years, although i woulnd'nt expect the land of the free to do something I'd expect to find in the middle east If it were.

And IF that was the question and my question is ansewred my latest scene at Altcar's Rifle Ranges would deffinatly ensure the army not wanting me... Heh don't let go of the rope, It still hurts :-(

Transform and Chill Out!

Couldnt Resist (Check Em Out!)

http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/viewtopic.php?f=143&t=48806

Don't delete me, not my fault I only log in every eon :(
mattyc1007
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 1
Watch mattyc1007 on YouTube
Alt Mode: 93 Talbot Express
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 2
Endurance: 8
Courage: 5
Skill: 7

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #11 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 OCT210409 11A (CA) VenBlu"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #3 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 JUN230376 3B (CA) Harren (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 0923IM466 6C (CA) Ejikure (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #3 Marvel Comics 1994 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915L"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #41 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 JAN220487 41A (CA) Miyao"
TRANSFORMERS #41 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #31 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 MAR210482 31A (CA) Zuniga (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #31 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #12 Cover A IDW Comics 2019 BOLD NEW ERA 12A (CA) Milne JUN190701"
TRANSFORMERS #12 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #3 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 0124IM893 (CA) Parel + Pham Chuong"
TRANSFORMERS #3 3r ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #6 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 MAY210469 6B (CA) Schoening"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #42 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 FEB220436 42RI (CA) Goux"
TRANSFORMERS #42 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #30 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 FEB210479 30A (CA) Simeone (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #30 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #3 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 MAY221566 3B (CA)Allison"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #2 2nd ptg Cvr C Cliffjumper Image Comics 2023 1123IM825 (CA)Howard"
TRANSFORMERS #2 2n ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ptg Cvr B Death Image Comics 2023 1123IM809 (CA) Howard"
VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #351 - Ask Your Dad
Twincast / Podcast #351:
"Ask Your Dad"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, June 1st, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition "Year of the Goat" Exclusive Masterpiece Soundwave by Hasbro" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Ironhide Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Predaking Figure [Amazon Exclusive](Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Clobber" on AMAZON