This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Toy Galleries Update - Premium Ironhide

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Toy Galleries Update - Premium Ironhide

Postby Blurrz » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:17 am

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
If movie-accuracy was your kind of thing back in 2008, then you either have Premium Ironhide on your shelf or in your sights. The toy galleries of Seibertron.com have been updated with the shiny, metallic repaint of 2007 Movie Ironhide. While the GMC Topkick was retired on July 31st of this year, it hasn't stopped the use of the mold. We saw Revenge of the Fallen Ironhide in the first waves of the ROTF toy line, and the latest version, Recon Ironhide, should be in North American retail before the end of the year. You can check out Premium Ironhide's gallery in the link below.

Premium Ironhide

Keep it tuned to Seibertron.com for more galleries, updates, and the fastest Transformers news on the net!
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: Toy Galleries Update - Premium Ironhide

Postby Mykltron » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:19 am

Motto: "If I win again I'm still the champion. If you win HAH! that's just impossible.

Weapon: tea cup."
The truck mode looks amazing but Ironhide's robot mode is black, not blue and gold.

Why not take a look at My TF Repaints? Updated 23rd January 2015
Mykltron
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 9

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:46 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
So accurate, and yet, so not. That big insignia, that snow, and those incorrect cannons are just a few of the things that this figure got wrong and other figures didn't.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 439
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Swiftknife24 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:23 am

Motto: "With a blade, one gets close, personal and feels the kill."
Weapon: Diffraction Sword
^ Seconded; since when did Ironhide have a big Autobot stamp on his bonnet? Or the frosted windows?

Exactly why I went for the original; they haven't done a movie-accurate Ironhide since... :|

(Granted, the Premium did have silver smoke stacks, but they are too short! On all versions!)

I've been compiling a scale list (largest to smallest) of the Film Transformers based on; vehicle/alternate modes (with the best dimension data possible), as many official charts I could find & most crucially, the figures I actually own & desire! If anyone would like a bit of assistance in scale or would simply like a peek at the list, do say so! ^^

(Also been working on something big; I'm a writer, so that's a clue... ;))
Swiftknife24
Vehicon
News Credits: 4
Watch Swiftknife24 on YouTube
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Darth Bombshell » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:34 am

Motto: "Insanity is a state of mind, and I have a home there."
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
Mykltron wrote:The truck mode looks amazing but Ironhide's robot mode is black, not blue and gold.

I think you're thinking of Offroad Ironhide in the background of that group shot. That was released around the same time, and was the first repaint of the original Ironhide figure. I own that one.

Swiftknife24 wrote:(Granted, the Premium did have silver smoke stacks, but they are too short! On all versions!)

Toy laws prevent any part of a toy being long enough to break off. Same reason why the smokestacks on G1 Prime rereleases are always short.
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt
News Credits: 487
Speed: 5
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Mykltron » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:04 am

Motto: "If I win again I'm still the champion. If you win HAH! that's just impossible.

Darth Bombshell wrote:
Mykltron wrote:The truck mode looks amazing but Ironhide's robot mode is black, not blue and gold.

I think you're thinking of Offroad Ironhide in the background of that group shot. That was released around the same time, and was the first repaint of the original Ironhide figure. I own that one.

No, I'm talking about the new premium figure which has more blue than the original yet the CGI is almost entirely black with a few gold bits here and there.

Mykltron
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Seibertron » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:23 am

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Mykltron wrote:
Darth Bombshell wrote:

No, I'm talking about the new premium figure which has more blue than the original yet the CGI is almost entirely black with a few gold bits here and there.

There isn't a new premium figure. There's only 1 movie voyager class Ironhide that is blue, which is the Off-Road version that Darth Bombshell mentioned. All the rest are black or dark grey (ROTF) or grey/black (ROTF - Recon). All of the Ironhides that have been available at retail have corresponding galleries here on Seibertron.com, except for the upcoming Recon Ironhide.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3557
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Swiftknife24 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:09 pm

Darth Bombshell wrote:
Swiftknife24 wrote:(Granted, the Premium did have silver smoke stacks, but they are too short! On all versions!)

Toy laws prevent any part of a toy being long enough to break off. Same reason why the smokestacks on G1 Prime rereleases are always short.

But why not do them in the same soft plastic/rubber plastic that the movie Optimus Prime toys have?

(And whilst we're on it, Deluxe Scorponok's tail has a protruding 'stinger' that can be easily broken off...) :?:

I've been compiling a scale list (largest to smallest) of the Film Transformers based on; vehicle/alternate modes (with the best dimension data possible), as many official charts I could find & most crucially, the figures I actually own & desire! If anyone would like a bit of assistance in scale or would simply like a peek at the list, do say so! ^^

Swiftknife24
Vehicon

Postby Overcracker » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:44 pm

Motto: "Collecting little transforming action figures is the right of all sentient Geeks."
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
Seibertron wrote:
Mykltron wrote:
Darth Bombshell wrote:

There isn't a new premium figure. There's only 1 movie voyager class Ironhide that is blue, which is the Off-Road version that Darth Bombshell mentioned. All the rest are black or dark grey (ROTF) or grey/black (ROTF - Recon). All of the Ironhides that have been available at retail have corresponding galleries here on Seibertron.com, except for the upcoming Recon Ironhide.

I think he means the metallic bluish armor sections: shin guards, crotch cover, chest plate and on the premium figure the thighs and biceps also.

Other than that, no robot parts are blue. Except for the crotch of the Offroad Ironhide. Which also substitutes the the metallic blue for the eye-searing yellow on the shin guards.

I May eventually attempt to pick the Premium version up at some point, but thus far my only other interest for this mold is Jungle Recon. I already own the Original 2007 movie figure, and the ROTF version with the new large guns was not interesting enough to purchase.
TF Search Website First Beta is now up. Click this link!
Last Update: May 31st, 2024:
Now holding 1200+!!! figures and 3065 releases of figures. Please check forum post above
Overcracker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 5
Watch Overcracker on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: Infinity

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:46 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Seibertron wrote:
Mykltron wrote:
Darth Bombshell wrote:

He means that the Premium figure has way too many blue and gold colors and should have more black on it like the original figure did.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 439
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Darth Bombshell » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:52 pm

Motto: "Insanity is a state of mind, and I have a home there."
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
Sabrblade wrote:He means that the Premium figure has way too many blue and gold colors and should have more black on it like the original figure did.

Ah.

Swiftknife24 wrote:But why not do them in the same soft plastic/rubber plastic that the movie Optimus Prime toys have?

Probably cause it gets in the way of the transformation?
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt
News Credits: 487
Speed: 5
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Swiftknife24 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:52 pm

Darth Bombshell wrote:
Swiftknife24 wrote:But why not do them in the same soft plastic/rubber plastic that the movie Optimus Prime toys have?

Probably cause it gets in the way of the transformation?

Nice thought, but I wouldn't have thought so; the arch piece with the stacks ends up pointing downwards, so I don't think they would...I suppose they could be fold-down-able if they did! :D

Swiftknife24
Vehicon

Postby Blurrz » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:10 am

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
I can't complain about any repaint of this mold. It's viably one of the best Voyagers in the past few years, and the repaints have been pretty stellar, regardless of movie-accuracy. Plus, it's everyone's favorite alternate mode, a Truck! And this is the most BMF Truck out there.
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Intelligence: 8
Skill: 5

Postby Mykltron » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:27 am

Sabrblade wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
Mykltron wrote:
Darth Bombshell wrote:

He means that the Premium figure has way too many blue and gold colors and should have more black on it like the original figure did.

Thank you! I'm glad SOMEONE understood and was able to translate!

Mykltron
Guardian Of Seibertron

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ACTION COMICS #1055 Cvr A Superman DC Comics 2023 0323DC079 1055A (CA) Fiumara"
ACTION COMICS #105 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ALL-STAR COMICS #3 Facsimile Cvr B foil DC Comics 2023 0923DC266 (CA) EE Hibbard"
ALL-STAR COMICS #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BAT-MAN FIRST KNIGHT #2 Cvr C pulp DC Comics 2024 0224DC163 2C (CA) Aspinall"
NEW!
BAT-MAN FIRST KNIG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ACTION COMICS #1054 Cvr A Superman DC Comics 2023 0223DC028 1054A (CA) Beach"
ACTION COMICS #105 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOWCASE #22 Facsimile Green Lantern Cvr C foil DC Comics 2024 ptg 0224DC171"
NEW!
SHOWCASE #22 Facsi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #686 DC Comics 1995 (CA) Nolan + Janson (W) Dixon 230915B"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LOONEY TUNES #277 DC Comics 2024 0124DC157 (W/CA) Fridolfs (A) Pope"
LOONEY TUNES #277 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #145 Cvr C DC Comics 2024 0124DC003 145C (CA) Putri (W) Zdarsky"
BATMAN #145 Cvr C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FLASH #798 Cvr E 1:50 foil DC Comics 2023 0323DC223 798E (W) Adams (CA) Clarke"
FLASH #798 Cvr E 1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #435 DC Comics 1989 (W/CA) Byrne (A) Aparo 230915A"
BATMAN #435 DC Com ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN AND ROBIN AND HOWARD #2 DC Comics 2024 0224DC156 (W/A/CA) Brown"
NEW!
BATMAN AND ROBIN A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #406 Facsimile DC Comics 2023 ptg 1023DC214 406 (CA) Mazzucchelli"
BATMAN #406 Facsim ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FLASH #799 Cvr E 1:50 foil DC Comics 2023 0323DC228 799E (W) Adams (CA) Clarke"
FLASH #799 Cvr E 1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN #2 Cvr G 1:50 DC Comics 2023 JAN233230 2G (W) Williamson (CA) Rahzzah"
SUPERMAN #2 Cvr G ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #350 - Oops! All Optimus
Twincast / Podcast #350:
"Oops! All Optimus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 18th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Sunstreaker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Blades Figure" on AMAZON