This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

G1 Metroplex to be next KO

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Postby bookofjunon » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:55 am

As per Spencer at http://www.agesthreeandup.com, also frontpaged at TFW2005.com, news team here is a bit slow aren't they????

So I just got some good/bad news this evening, depending on how much of a supporter you are.

As many know, competition in China is fierce for KO companies and to compete against eachother is commonplace. I have receintly been contacted by a different company than the first who is also doing KOs of G1 figures. Their first release - METROPLEX! I am told this is done is high quality and will come in a G1 style of box with styrofoam insert, instructions, catalogue and sticker sheets. I don't know what they will have for copyrites, this will be found out when they come in stock. The retail on this figure will be $124.99 US which I find is much more reasonable than $80 for a Dinobot considering the size and complexity of the figure. (a good portion of the cost is in the shipping as well)

We are going to be bringing in a limmited number of these to try out and can be preordered from our site at $109.99, saving $15 on this trial run. These will be shipping to us early to mid December so we hope to have these all out for the Holidays.
bookofjunon
Minibot
News Credits: 1

Postby Counterpunch » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:02 am

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
This is going to get bad folks.

:?

One or two KOs was cute. Now the vintage market is going to get very tricky for those who want legit originals...
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby Deadpool. » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:05 am

It's gonna mess things up, since peole will pass them off as the original vintage ones....
Deadpool.
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby doomboy536 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:06 am

KO packaging is getting better and better...:(
Psychout wrote:To deliberately leave your allies and friends outnumbered and out-gunned in missions for personal gain in the arena is cowardice, end of.

Quoted for truth
doomboy536
Targetmaster
Location: England, which is part of the United Kingdom, so I guess both?

Postby Briggs » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:13 am

Oh man, I am glad i just got my original chrome one.

I wouldn't mind a knock off fort max, as i will never buy an original :( lol
Briggs
Headmaster
News Credits: 4

Postby Zeds » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:39 am

Motto: "I once lost a battle. So long ago I can barely remember it."
Weapon: Thermal Melters
This is the one of the reasons why I collected the Canadian boxed G1 figures in the first place. These KOs experts seem to only be KO'ing the US boxed ones. I know what I have is genuine by default since they were all bought way before any of this KO'ing was done.

I do feel for those collectors that are now looking for vintage G1 items though. It will get harder and harder. I still need to get a Gnaw so I am screwed on that front since he is being KO'ed. What a world! What a world!
BWOP: "Die-cast construction...It's a lost art!"

Longs for the days of G1 where we only had to worry about Megatron, Soundwave and Laserbeak wanting to be Autobots, Swoop calling himself Tracks and Slingshot calling himself Slingslot!
Zeds
Gestalt
News Credits: 9
Buy from Zeds on eBay
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6

Postby Geekee1 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:41 am

Seriously not cool. :cry:
Geekee1
Godmaster
News Credits: 7

Postby Windsweeper » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:59 am

Be nice if we got Metrotitan.
Windsweeper
Godmaster

Postby STngAR » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:32 am

Weapon: No Weapon
Just more fuel for my hate fire for my parents throwing away my stuff. Not only do I have to buy G1's that I had, now I have to worry about them being KO's :BOOM: THANKS!!! :BANG_HEAD:
Sledge wrote:Finally! Wheelie will get the credit he's due with a set of five Wheelies.

ScottyP wrote:Kid 1 "What did you get for Christmas?"
Kid 2 "Steve.........What did you get?"
Kid 1 "John Cena!"

"If you want to get rich, collect money, not toys"

COLLECTION
STngAR
Pretender
News Credits: 5
Watch STngAR on YouTube
Buy from STngAR on eBay
Alt Mode: The Litter Box
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: Infinity

Postby bookofjunon » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:32 am

I already ordered mine.

These KO's are no different than Hasbro reissuing the originals. Metroplex is a hard to find MISB figure.

Plus, since Hasbro and Takara are unwilling to give us Mirage, Wheeljack, Sunstreaker, Metroplex, and the Dinobots I say let those who are willing to reissue them reissue them.

I'm not talking about those cheap combiner KO's of Devastator or Superion that obviously are low quality crap. These are figures that once removed from their package, much like official reissues, are nearly impossible to tell they are KO's.

Who cares???

I am glad these companies are reissue these figures. And that's really what they are, reissues, not KO's.
bookofjunon
Minibot

Postby El Duque » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:49 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
I have a question about all these KO that are coming out, for example Mirage and the recent Dinobots. These appear to be high quality as do the boxes, so my question is what is the quality like? If Takara won't reissue them I see this as a reasonable alternative if the quality is good. I bought some of the KO Aerialbots at Biglots just for kitbashing purposes and they went straight in the trash. Another thing is the price, these go for about 80.00 to 90.00 on ebay, why so high?
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby Sid Burn » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:52 am

Motto: "Feel the burn as I melt you down for scrap!"
Weapon: Fusion Reaction-Powered Blowtorch Blasters
At this point, Hasbro really needs to step in and take care of this legally.

Like CP said, one or two is cute but now we have the dinobots, gnaw, mirage, streaker, all the gestalts, alternators, minibots like beachcomber and Seaspray... the list goes on and on, and now Metroplex of all things!

This needs to end or in 5 years, the vintage market is going to be almost impossible to navigate
Sid Burn
Brainmaster
News Credits: 2
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Sid Burn » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:55 am

Motto: "Feel the burn as I melt you down for scrap!"
Weapon: Fusion Reaction-Powered Blowtorch Blasters
bookofjunon wrote:I already ordered mine.

These KO's are no different than Hasbro reissuing the originals. Metroplex is a hard to find MISB figure.

Who cares???

I am glad these companies are reissue these figures. And that's really what they are, reissues, not KO's.

This is also dangerous, not only is hasbro not doing anything, but I have seen opinions sliding on whether or not it matters if the bot is legit or not.

This is going to get very slippery for Hastak when their Encore lines stop selling because KO companies are doing it faster, cheaper and with no loss of quality to the average eye.
Sid Burn
Brainmaster
News Credits: 2
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Kimmer » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:58 am

i for one can't stand all this ko garbage coming out. guys, these things really could be the start of something bad for the hobby and us "true" collectors. i really hope somone can put a stop to all this but i don't know how it can be done.
Kimmer
Combiner

Postby GetterDragun » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:00 am

Plus, since Hasbro and Takara are unwilling to give us Mirage, Wheeljack, Sunstreaker, Metroplex, and the Dinobots I say let those who are willing to reissue them reissue them.

I'm not talking about those cheap combiner KO's of Devastator or Superion that obviously are low quality crap. These are figures that once removed from their package, much like official reissues, are nearly impossible to tell they are KO's.

Who cares???

These are not reissues. They are often lesser quality and there are mold changes. Mirage is not identical to Hasbro's original Mirage.

Check out my collection thread!
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=38984
Toyota FT-86 Discussion
GetterDragun
City Commander
News Credits: 150

Postby City Commander » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:03 am

Weapon: Air Rifle
Why don't you just report them to HasTak themselves then?

Make a list, send it to HasTak's legal departments.
Maybe they'll reward you for your service. Who knows?

If the Metroplex is high quality, I may buy it.
Electron wrote:sledge your comments are like a fat chick raping a hot dog, its unpleasent to watch but in the end its gonna happen

Mr O wrote:I'm part Irish, part Scottish, very Welsh, mostly drunk, somewhat Transformers nerd and all bastard.
City Commander
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 6
Buy from City Commander on eBay
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby one wing angel » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:09 am

GetterDragun wrote:

Who cares???

These are not reissues. They are often lesser quality and there are mold changes. Mirage is not identical to Hasbro's original Mirage.
like what :-?
one wing angel
Fuzor

Re: G1 Metroplex to be next KO

Postby GetterDragun » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:15 am

bookofjunon wrote:As per Spencer at http://www.agesthreeandup.com, also frontpaged at TFW2005.com, news team here is a bit slow aren't they????

Do not insult our staff. We have no pictures of this figure, all we have is one store saying that a new company in China will make Metroplex. When we get more of a confirmation, we will post it.

Check out my collection thread!
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=38984
Toyota FT-86 Discussion
GetterDragun
City Commander
News Credits: 150

Postby Counterpunch » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:21 am

I'd Narc on these companies if it would matter.

If they placed a very distinct copy-right stamp that made it clear that these were KOs, I'd be alright with it.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host

Postby Optimist_Prime » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:40 am

GetterDragun wrote:

Who cares???

These horribly overpriced KO's, is the plastic thin and bittle like other KO's?

It's bad enough that people try to pass of these as "offical reissues", but it's even worse that others pay what these, essentially scam artists, are asking.

I don't blame A3U. They aren't the ones making these, and he makes sure everyone knows they are knockoffs.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - G. Stanley Hall, Unsourced variant
Optimist_Prime
Targetmaster

Postby Briggs » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:48 am

I'll never understand why someone would be $100 plus for a knock off, even if you get a "box and form insert" and it's "minty fresh".

You can go on ebay and get an official metroplex with rubber wheels and shiny unscratched chrome with all his pieces for $100 which is what I did.

Well, I guess I CAN understand. Maybe someone just likes to display the boxes, or they demand a super white clean and new toy for display. I guess I"m a different collector. I'd rather have a slightly (and only slightly) dirtied original metroplex then to have some brand new knock off version, same mold or not, whatever.

For some reason I went and spent $90 on an original sky lynx that was pretty darn white, good stickers, working electronics, and tight joints, when I could have waited awhile for that reissue to come out. Why don't I wait? I think because I wanted an original, just feels.. more special or something :D. THough I probably could be a bit more "rough" with the reissues and knock offs, compared to the amount of time i spend transforming sky lynx
Briggs
Headmaster
News Credits: 4

Postby Repair Bay » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:57 am

Now don't get me wrong, I also believe this could be a problem when it comes to identifying originals, but I am completely okay with "KO Reissues," so long as they tell you it is not an original. I see them as an easier way to get original molds, even if they are changed a bit.
Latest Acquisition:
#307 - G1 Sparkstalker
#306 - G1 Wide Load
#305 - G1 Erector
#304 - Movie Landmine
Repair Bay
Vehicon

Re: G1 Metroplex to be next KO

Postby Counterpunch » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:02 pm

Repair Bay wrote:Now don't get me wrong, I also believe this could be a problem when it comes to identifying originals, but I am completely okay with "KO Reissues," so long as they tell you it is not an original. I see them as an easier way to get original molds, even if they are changed a bit.

It's not the production companies I'm worried about.

It's Joe Jerk on eBay who buys his KO Wheeljack for $60 and then turns it around as a mint original out of package for $120.

So long as the companies place an obvious trade mark with a 2007 or 2008 date on the toy, we're still ok.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host

Postby thedistinctroom » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:18 pm

Motto: "Will it blend?"
Weapon: Acid Rays
I probably won't be buying any of the Dinobot or Metroplex KO's. I already have an original Metroplex and I'm happy with it. :)
Last edited by thedistinctroom on Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thedistinctroom
Gestalt Team Leader
Alt Mode: Giant Sombrero
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: 1
Courage: ???
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby bookofjunon » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:08 pm

Sid Burn wrote:At this point, Hasbro really needs to step in and take care of this legally.

They have no legal rights in China, they don't have Copywrite laws there.

Kimmer wrote:i for one can't stand all this ko garbage coming out. guys, these things really could be the start of something bad for the hobby and us "true" collectors. i really hope somone can put a stop to all this but i don't know how it can be done.

There is no such thing as a TRUE Collector. I am as true a collector as you, I just refuse to pay 200 plus for a MISB Metroplex dated from 1985.

GetterDragun wrote:These are not reissues. They are often lesser quality and there are mold changes. Mirage is not identical to Hasbro's original Mirage.

Not enough to worry about. These are essentially Reissues. After all one could say the exact same thing about Hasbro's Reissues, or the way they've altered G1 Jazz.

GetterDragun wrote:
bookofjunon wrote:As per Spencer at http://www.agesthreeandup.com, also frontpaged at TFW2005.com, news team here is a bit slow aren't they????

Do not insult our staff. We have no pictures of this figure, all we have is one store saying that a new company in China will make Metroplex. When we get more of a confirmation, we will post it.

I didn't insult the staff at all, I made an observation. I simply found it odd we didn't have this frontpaged when TFW2005 did. If you wanted a pic all you had to do was post one from Spencer's site. Or link to it.
bookofjunon
Minibot

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K26 TRACKS Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K26 TRACKS Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Studio Series 86-02 Hasbro 2022 New"
KUP Transformers B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #5 Cover B IDW Comic Book 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 5B (CA) Whitman"
TRANSFORMERS #5 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR Transformers Studio Series 86-03 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
BLURR Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E2 SMASHDOWN Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Battle Master 2020 New"
WFC-E2 SMASHDOWN T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIMAL + RATTRAP Transformers War Cybertron Trilogy Kingdom Netflix 2021"
OPTIMUS PRIMAL + R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K2 RATTRAP Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K2 RATTRAP Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K23 PREDACON SCORPONOK Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K23 PREDACON S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CORONATION STARSCREAM Transformers Studio Series 86-12 Leader 2022 King 220907A"
CORONATION STARSCR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E18 AIRWAVE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-E18 AIRWAVE Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K10 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader Beast Wars 2021 New"
WFC-K10 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FRENZY (RED) Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2024 New"
NEW!
FRENZY (RED) Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K28 GALVATRON fixed shoulders Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader 2021"
WFC-K28 GALVATRON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K27 RHINOX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K27 RHINOX Tra ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #350 - Oops! All Optimus
Twincast / Podcast #350:
"Oops! All Optimus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 18th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Galvatronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Buzzsaw Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Titans Return Autobots Throttle and Breakaway Action Figure" on AMAZON