This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Universe Aerialbots

Post all your customized Transformers here. Whether it's a small mod or a true kitbash, we'd love to see it!

Universe Aerialbots

Postby Mykltron » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:18 pm

Motto: "If I win again I'm still the champion. If you win HAH! that's just impossible.

Weapon: tea cup."
This project took weeks to complete. After choosing the colour scheme I spent ages choosing the best paints but I still had to mix them to get the exact colours I wanted. The yellow sandy colour required quite a few coats to cover the original colour, even though I made the paint quite thick. After doing the detailing I added a coat of muck to the camoflaged jets to make them look well used and filthy.

The original figures where all kinds of ghastly and unrealistic colours from powder blue to light pink. My aims with this repaint were:
1) give them a realistic colour scheme to make them look like real, modern fighter planes
2) make the duplicate molds looks as different as possible
3) give all the robot modes red on their chests in homage to the original G1 characters (who all had red chests) without compromising the realism of the jet's colours
4) make the combined form look more unified than the rather messy original

I have just about managed to satisfy my criteria, although in some cases I had to settle for putting red near the chest rather than on it because I didn't want it visible in jet mode.

So what do you think? Did I succeed in satisfying my criteria? If you want to see more pictures there are plenty more here.
Last edited by Mykltron on Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:51 am, edited 6 times in total.

Why not take a look at My TF Repaints? Updated 23rd January 2015
Mykltron
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 9

Re: Universe Aerialbots

Postby Razorclaw0000 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:51 pm

Motto: "Know that I am Razorclaw, that my reality is not yours, and while I share Tigerhawk's dual Spark and Vok heritage...
I am NOT he!"
Weapon: Ion Particle Blaster
That's gorgeous. That's what Hasbro should do for a "Premium" line.

If it was durable (not saying your's isn't, but I know how customs go) and that detailed, I'd easily walk into a Target and pay $100 for that.
Razorclaw0000
Gestalt
News Credits: 609
Buy from Razorclaw0000 on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby LiKwid » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:08 am

Motto: "When In doubt..Invert polarities!!!!"
Weapon: V-Lock Rifle, V-Lock Cannon
I was really hoping you wre going to post pictures of this!!!!! I remember seeing a pic of yours awhile back in a early stage and it looked awesome.. Great job mate.. I have been inspired by your work!! Thinking of getting the FP add on kit?
Counterpunch wrote:FP sure does provide some F'd up head.

Sell me your Beast wars stuff!!!!
Transformers Earth wars-SiNxBruticus
LiKwid
Gestalt
News Credits: 8
Buy from LiKwid on eBay
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby Mykltron » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:02 am

Motto: "If I win again I'm still the champion. If you win HAH! that's just impossible.

LiKwid wrote:I was really hoping you wre going to post pictures of this!!!!! I remember seeing a pic of yours awhile back in a early stage and it looked awesome.. Great job mate.. I have been inspired by your work!! Thinking of getting the FP add on kit?

Cheers dude! You always say such nice things!

Why would I buy the FP kit? I think this demonstrates he doesn't need it - he is pose-able, stable and has four fingers with two articulation points in each. I'd like the FP hands but it's too expensive and these hands make him look more alien.

I'm going to post some more pics of Superion soon, after all, I bought the set for the big bot!

Mykltron
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Gutter Bunny » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:12 am

It does look great, and I think I finally see what you are saying on the legs.

However, i can't get over that choice in yellow :SICK: :grin:

but very well executed regardless of that.
Gutter Bunny
Brainmaster

Postby Mykltron » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:40 am

Gutter Bunny wrote:It does look great, and I think I finally see what you are saying on the legs.

However, i can't get over that choice in yellow :SICK: :grin:

but very well executed regardless of that.

Hah! Well I spent ages mixing those colours to match photos of real desert camouflage aircraft.

I've added new pics of Superion to the gallery on my website but here's one more for the lazy:

Yes, he's holding a G1 Superion gun.

Mykltron
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby LiKwid » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:08 am

Motto: "When In doubt..Invert polarities!!!!"
Weapon: V-Lock Rifle, V-Lock Cannon
Mykltron wrote:
LiKwid wrote:I was really hoping you wre going to post pictures of this!!!!! I remember seeing a pic of yours awhile back in a early stage and it looked awesome.. Great job mate.. I have been inspired by your work!! Thinking of getting the FP add on kit?

Cheers dude! You always say such nice things!

Why would I buy the FP kit? I think this demonstrates he doesn't need it - he is pose-able, stable and has four fingers with two articulation points in each. I'd like the FP hands but it's too expensive and these hands make him look more alien.

I'm going to post some more pics of Superion soon, after all, I bought the set for the big bot!

Ah no problem at all.. I give thanks to the great customizers, it takes alot of skill and creativity to do these customs.. :APPLAUSE:

Ya know the fp kit is kinda pricey and does make him almost gundam-esque. Im gonna post my Superion once i get the time.. all military colors!!!after i finish my "New"sideways" :SMUG:
Counterpunch wrote:FP sure does provide some F'd up head.

Sell me your Beast wars stuff!!!!
Transformers Earth wars-SiNxBruticus
LiKwid
Gestalt
News Credits: 8
Buy from LiKwid on eBay
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10

Postby Convotron » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:01 am

Motto: "When in doubt, transform and roll out!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
I've mentioned it in another thread or two but I love this custom work, Mykltron. The dark colours and camouflage pattern really makes this Superion look like a war bot. Very intimidating. The painting of the previously transparent hands/feet really goes a long way as well! With the paint, those appendages look so much better.
Toys for sale, S.H. Figuarts, Revoltech, Robot Damashii, Figma, and more!

Discounts for purchases of 3 items or more! See sales thread for details.

Never forget the Oath Sworn Through Courage!
Convotron
City Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9

Postby Chimera245 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:00 am

What did you do to make those hands look so cool?

My soul will not find peace until I know how to do that to my own Energon Superion.

Please tell me how you did that.
Chimera245
Minibot

Postby shonenfan4 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:48 am

Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
I love this thing =P~ will you do one with Bruticus Maximus?
<GOODBYE CRUEL WORLD>
Haters, you've won.
shonenfan4
Godmaster
News Credits: 1

Postby Mykltron » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:44 pm

Chimera245 wrote:What did you do to make those hands look so cool?

My soul will not find peace until I know how to do that to my own Energon Superion.

Please tell me how you did that.

First, leave out the rectangular plastic connector that is supposed to go between each cylindrical section. Then I removed a small section from each finger and put a ball joint in. I put the peg of the ball in at an angle to allow his fingers to close further.

shonenfan4 wrote:I love this thing =P~ will you do one with Bruticus Maximus?

Interesting idea. Maybe. If I see one for a decent price I'll consider it. At the moment I'm working on my most ambitious project so far and it's taking a lot of time (as I expected).

Mykltron
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Volcanus Prime » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:09 am

Motto: "knowledge is power but rage fuels power"
Weapon: Sword of Fury
Finally someone understands me. I hate it when hasbro shows superion with some horrible mishmash of figures that were be arms or legs. Thats part of the reason i never got him during energon. I was afraid that the figures could only combine like that. But the paint scheme is great. Its realistic and still cool. and the hands are pretty sick man. awesome. I would buy this in a heart beat. Although i like the fp kit cuz it looks more humanoid and cuz of the gun
By Vulcan's Flames
Volcanus Prime
Mini-Con
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity

Postby IceWilly » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:03 pm

Bump, looking for comments on the difficulty of painting these figures and problem areas during transformation. I may be looking to get as close to G1 look as I can, and utilize the FP set as well.

Comments?
IceWilly
Fuzor

Postby Mykltron » Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:30 am

IceWilly wrote:Bump, looking for comments on the difficulty of painting these figures and problem areas during transformation. I may be looking to get as close to G1 look as I can, and utilize the FP set as well.

Comments?

The hinge on the back of the two non-A10s is the biggest problem for scrape-damage. The clip that attaches the feet to the side of those jets is also very tight so will scrape. I don't think there was anything else really but I painted these a long time ago.

Mykltron
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Exic » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:52 am

I love Aerialbots a lot and I think this is pretty nice! Aerialbots are cool. nice repaint!
Transformer disguise in Ferrari F10
Exic
Fuzor

Postby Mindmaster » Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:41 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
I have to say, pretty impressive, by my standards. I can't even paint a straight line, much less 5 Transformers that can combine. I especially love the idea of Silverbolt as a Blackbird! Bravo! :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 9

Return to Customizations

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE #2 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926S"
TRANSFORMERS UNIVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MAGNIFICUS Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2023 New"
MAGNIFICUS Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OBSIDIAN Transformers Universe Basic Ultra complete Hasbro 2003 230830A"
OBSIDIAN Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKYWARP Transformers Combiner Wars Legends Class Hasbro 2015 New 240519A"
NEW!
SKYWARP Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-GS13 HUBCAP Transformers Generations Selects Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-GS13 HUBCAP Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JAZZ Transformers Generations Deluxe Fall of Cybertron complete 2012 230920A"
JAZZ Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RATCHET Transformers Universe Deluxe complete Machine Robot Rescue 2003 230830A"
RATCHET Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCOURGE + FRACAS Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete Hasbro 2016 231208K"
SCOURGE + FRACAS T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PROWL Transformers Universe Spy Changer complete Hasbro 2005 230821A"
PROWL Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Combiner Wars Legends Class complete Hasbro 2016 230903A"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MICRONUS CLOUDBURST Transformers Power Primes Prime Master POTP 2017 230713B"
MICRONUS CLOUDBURS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR + HYPERFIRE Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete Hasbro 2016 231208V"
BLURR + HYPERFIRE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HARDHEAD + FUROS Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete + more 2016 231208X"
HARDHEAD + FUROS T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOT ROD + FIREDRIVE Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete 2016 231208F"
HOT ROD + FIREDRIV ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #350 - Oops! All Optimus
Twincast / Podcast #350:
"Oops! All Optimus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 18th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Potato Head Transformers Mixable Mashable Heroes as Optimus Prime and Grimlock Figures" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Grax and Skullsmasher" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Brawn" on AMAZON