This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

True Classic Cliffjumper

Post all your customized Transformers here. Whether it's a small mod or a true kitbash, we'd love to see it!

True Classic Cliffjumper

Postby tentagil » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:22 pm

Finally got this guy done. Getting the silver paint off was a pain in the ass. The new head was supplied by a guy on TFans named valkfan if anyone is interested in getting one. Cost me ten bucks and well worth it.

Replaced the head, removed the silver flames which I though were kinda stupid looking. Repainted the top, then added silver to the bottom grill and through in a gun from my junk box. Simple but he looks so much better to me now.

Comments and critiques welcome as always.
tentagil
Transmetal Warrior

Postby NebulanFree » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:31 pm

I like it.
NebulanFree
Minibot
News Credits: 1

Postby jimsloth » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:35 pm

and also painted his arms. You're right, it does look a lot better now. Only thing I see that its missing is carving the horizontal lines in the sides of that helmet.
till all are one.
jimsloth
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby tentagil » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:50 pm

Actually it has them, they jsut don't come all the way around. I'll see if I can get good shot of the side of his head. And the arms weren't painted, I jsut swapped some parts in from a scrap Bumblebee and cleaned off all the silver with 90% rubbing alcohol.

Edit: Can't seem to get a good shot with it on him and I don't feel like ripping his head off. So here is a link to the post from the guy who made the head with great pics.

http://www.tfans.com/talk/index.php?showtopic=60631&hl=
tentagil
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Auceps Prime » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:16 pm

This guy is Sweet!!
I would really like to get one those heads!
Auceps Prime
Mini-Con

Postby ptitvite » Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:28 am

That's one true Cliffjumper! Nice job!
ptitvite
Vehicon

Postby TM Devastator » Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:54 am

jimsloth wrote:and also painted his arms...

What part of the arms are painted? I don't see it.

THe figure does look much better now. The head seems a little basic in design though I suppose Bumblebee's was too. I wouldn't mind having that head for myself.
TM Devastator
Site Owner

Postby jimsloth » Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:51 pm

Devastator wrote:
jimsloth wrote:and also painted his arms...

What part of the arms are painted? I don't see it.

THe figure does look much better now. The head seems a little basic in design though I suppose Bumblebee's was too. I wouldn't mind having that head for myself.

he already answered this, he part swapped, not painted, the black. On the Classics Cliffjumper release the arms are the same silver color as his hands.
till all are one.
jimsloth
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby Ramrider » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:48 pm

Nice. To be honest, I like it all except the head. He reminds me of the Juggernaut or something - there's far too much mass in the helmet for my liking.

I'm still in two minds as to whether I want to strip the silver off mine; I do kinda like the apps, but having seen this, it does make the temptation that much stronger. It's also making me think of part-swapping between my CJ and Goldbug. That might actually work out well for both of them.
Ramrider
Gestalt

Postby tentagil » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:54 pm

The head isabout the same size as Bumblebees actually. But since its flat across the bottom instead of having the rounding at the sides it looks bigger.
tentagil
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Ramrider » Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:19 pm

Well, it'd have to be the same size, otherwise it wouldn't transform. But I think the fact that the sides of the helmet come right up to, and even cover part of the face makes it look that much bigger than it is. And although the horns look pretty G1, I can't help thinking they should've been smaller too...
Ramrider
Gestalt

Postby tentagil » Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:26 pm

Okay, I get you now. It does have a bulkier feel to it I suppose. Course I didn't design it, but I'm happy I bought it off the guy who did. Sculpting is not a area I have any skill in, and I feel like the look of this as Cliffjumper. Makes him appear more a rugged soldier next to Bumblebee's gentler image.
tentagil
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Retread » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:58 pm

Ramrider wrote:He reminds me of the Juggernaut or something

Hehe, hope noone takes offense. :P
Might be that the face sits back abit in the helmet that makes it look bulky. Really nice casting job tho and captures CJ pretty well. Paint job and colour matching on the roof turned out great as well.
Retread
Fuzor

Postby Ramrider » Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:45 pm

Retread wrote:Might be that the face sits back abit in the helmet that makes it look bulky.

Yeah, that's kind of it. But the reason the face seems to sit back is because of the way the sides of the helmet almost completely enclose the face, rather than leaving it clear, as it does on G1 CJ.

tentagil wrote:Okay, I get you now. It does have a bulkier feel to it I suppose. Course I didn't design it, but I'm happy I bought it off the guy who did. Sculpting is not a area I have any skill in, and I feel like the look of this as Cliffjumper. Makes him appear more a rugged soldier next to Bumblebee's gentler image.

Fair enough. And yeah, I know it wasn't your sculpt job; I just thought I'd throw in my opinion.
Ramrider
Gestalt

Postby TM Mega-Prime » Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:54 am

If you removed the horns from the helmet you'd have a pretty good looking Brawn head too!
"Megatron, is that you?!!"

"Here's a HINT!"....KABOOM!!!
TM Mega-Prime
Micromaster

Postby tentagil » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:37 am

Mega-Prime wrote:If you removed the horns from the helmet you'd have a pretty good looking Brawn head too!

Yeah probably would actually.

Ramrider wrote:Yeah, that's kind of it. But the reason the face seems to sit back is because of the way the sides of the helmet almost completely enclose the face, rather than leaving it clear, as it does on G1 CJ.

Hadn't even really compared it to G1 Cliffjumper directly. But your right, G1 Cliffjumper has as much actual face space as Bumblebee but with the sides not curving in at the bottom.

And Retread thats hilarious:)
tentagil
Transmetal Warrior

Re: True Classic Cliffjumper

Postby Supercollider » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:32 am

Motto: "Embrace your inner geek, the geek will inherit the Earth!"
Weapon: Glass Gas Gun
Anyone known if Valkfan's still making those heads?
Supercollider
Gestalt
Courage: 10+

Re: True Classic Cliffjumper

Postby Solrac333 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:53 pm

Very cool. I wanted to repaint my Cliffjumper but now that I have all the Bumblebee repaints, I'll leave it alone. This one looks good.
Bah weep granah weep nini bon!
Solrac333
Gestalt
News Credits: 1
Watch Solrac333 on YouTube
Buy from Solrac333 on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Return to Customizations

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSN [Bot]

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 4th ptg Image Comics 2024 0124IM934 (CA) Georgiev (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #5 4th ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #10 Cvr B Dynamic Forces DF Image Comics 2024 (CA) Haeser 240210A"
KING SPAWN #10 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PRIMORDIAL #3 Cvr B Image Comics 2021 SEP210195 3B (CA) Lenox (W) Lemire"
PRIMORDIAL #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #5 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 5D 0324IM217 (CA) Level"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #5 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #2 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 2B GI JOE 1123IM273 (CA) Ortiz (W) WIlliamson"
DUKE #2 Cvr B Imag ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #16 Cvr C Image Comics 2021 APR210348 16C (CA) Rapoza"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #26 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 0723IM347 26B (CA) Ngu (W) McFarlane"
KING SPAWN #26 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #47 Cvr D Image Comics 2022 JUL220272 47D (CA) Tedesco"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN SPAWN #1 Cvr O 1:250 B&W DC Image Comics 2022 OCT223282 1O (CA) McFarlane"
BATMAN SPAWN #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ICE CREAM MAN #39 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 0124IM267 39A (CA) Morazzo +O'Halloran"
NEW!
ICE CREAM MAN #39 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHATS FURTHEST PLACE FROM HERE #3 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2022 NOV210273 3E"
WHATS FURTHEST PLA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #21 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 JUN230351 21B (CA)Mattina (W) Lewis (A) Soy"
SCORCHED #21 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PRIMORDIAL #3 Cvr C Image Comics 2021 AUG218467 3C (CA) Shimizu (W) Lemire"
PRIMORDIAL #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #31 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 1223IM299 31A (CA) Fernandez (W)McFarlane"
KING SPAWN #31 Cvr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #350 - Oops! All Optimus
Twincast / Podcast #350:
"Oops! All Optimus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 18th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Potato Head Transformers Mixable Mashable Heroes as Optimus Prime and Grimlock Figures" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Autobot Topspin and Freezeout" on AMAZON