This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

TR/TLK THUNDERWING!

Post all your customized Transformers here. Whether it's a small mod or a true kitbash, we'd love to see it!

TR/TLK THUNDERWING!

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:35 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Generations Thunderwing is one of my earliest figures back when I started collecting. I found the character very cool. As my collection grew, one of my holy grail to get was G1 Pretender Thunderwing. He was so, so expensive... Some years later, a golden opportunity arise and I finally got him!

Some time later, a TR Titan Master Thunderwing happen... in a 150$CAN set. No leader. That's all we got. Then, TLK Nitro come out as a TR compatible figure! With the perfect body to match the Titan Master TW head! Many made a TR/TLK Thunderwing custom this way. Now that I finally have all the figures it's time for me to join the party and make my own version.

So here's

TR/TLK THUNDERWING!

One thing I really like is the fact that the base color of Nitro is the perfect one for Thunderwing.

And here's the comparison to the others:

Exceptionally, I show the vehicle last.

I used the leftover Reprolabels that I bought to complete my G1 Thunderwing

I was not expecting for the jet to be so blue, but it is a call-back to the G1 original.

I'm very happy with the results. Sure, it just can't compare to what real pros do, but I think I did well with the painting this time.
;)^
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 96
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: TR/TLK THUNDERWING!

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:04 pm

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
That is very cool. I had that idea ever since I first saw the Thunderwing TM and the Nitro body having the port for it. I'd love to have one. Certainly the closest thing to a really good Thunderwing figure I've ever seen (no I don't want one made from Black Shadow cos it's far too large and I don't like the seperate vehicle thing and no I don't like that huge third party one based on the bulky IDW character). The jet mode may not be hugely Thunderwing style but it's close enough and what he might take on if he did choose an Earth alt-mode similar to his regular one. I can get me a Nitro but the Thunderwing head is a trickier thing.
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:22 pm

It's that simple."
To have the TR Thunderwing head, you have to either buy the whole set or pay a kidney on EvilBay. I had the opportunity to have the set in store so I did buy it JUST for the head. The other figures were a bonus. Still, I guess I'll import a God Bomber to go with the Ginrai. Even though I hated Broadside, Tidalwave just do it for me and go well with the other triple changer :CON: . Metalhawk is NICE and I'm glad to have him. As for the clone, what garbage. I dumped it on my local geek store to get some better stuff.

So, just buy the whole Siege set. You'll have the TW head and some figures you might just like. The rest, sell it.

Seriously. TLK Nitro and the Thunderwing Titan Master are a match made in Heaven. :BOWDOWN:
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:33 am

-Kanrabat- wrote:
So, just buy the whole Siege set. You'll have the TW head and some figures you might just like. The rest, sell it.

Only UK based listing I can see for the set on eBay is £159.99... way too much.

I wouldn't mind Magnus Prime as I don't have a PM Prime other than my original G1 toy but I've zero interest in Metalhawk, Tidal Wave and Pounce.

The only single Thunderwing listing I can see is £19.99 from Taiwan... £20 for a tiny little figure. Ugh. I don't even like the face that much, I'd much rather it was Thunderwing as drawn by Geoff Senior in the Marvel Comics but this is what is available and your custom is great.
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby -Kanrabat- » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:32 am

It's that simple."
Well. be patient then. I'm pretty sure some golden opportunity will arise eventually. For either getting the set at a more reasonable price, or to find the TW head locally. :-?

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:47 am

-Kanrabat- wrote:Well. be patient then. I'm pretty sure some golden opportunity will arise eventually. For either getting the set at a more reasonable price, or to find the TW head locally. :-?

Yeah will have to be patient. Especially since I've recently ordered Firage and Peru Kill so have spent amost £150 on two third party figures which is waaaay more than I normally let myself spend or can afford. I should get Nitro anyways in the meantime.

Got off phone and apparently I qualify for a free bus pass due to my health issues...and have done for yeeeears but no one ever told me. :O I could have saved tons of money by now. But yes when the pass comes through that'll save me the £6.70 each time I get bus to towns with actual shops in such as cambridge when i check their toys r us and b&m and such and apparently the bus pass works nationally so i could just end up riding buses all over the country for free. :P

Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby -Kanrabat- » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:39 pm

It's that simple."
Carnivius_Prime wrote: Dat buss pass

Well, at least there are some perks in adversity. ;)

I have to pay 98$CAN each months for limitless buss, but JUST for my city. #-o

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby galvatron00 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:34 am

Motto: "Peace through sandwiches."
Weapon: Shoulder-Mounted Mega-Blast Missile Cannons
Sweet mercy Kanrabat. THUNDERWING LOOKS AMAZING!!! Seriously awesome stuff!!!
galvatron00
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 15
Buy from galvatron00 on eBay
Alt Mode: Kings Hawaiian Food Truck
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby -Kanrabat- » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:42 pm

It's that simple."
itscramtastic wrote:Sweet mercy Kanrabat. THUNDERWING LOOKS AMAZING!!! Seriously awesome stuff!!!

Thanks! ;)^
I had to work a whole week for it. Counting work and waiting for each layers of paint to dry that is.

I had to disassemble the whole thing too. Did you know those halves of the legs are also GLUED together? I had to force them appart. Fortunately it was only a little bit on the inside pegs so it was all good. Those halves were glued for a reason so when I put them back together, I glued them on again.

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby TreyTable » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:14 pm

Motto: "I can feel it coming in the air tonight
I've been waiting for this moment all my life"
Weapon: Twin Swords
-Kanrabat- wrote:Generations Thunderwing is one of my earliest figures back when I started collecting. I found the character very cool. As my collection grew, one of my holy grail to get was G1 Pretender Thunderwing. He was so, so expensive... Some years later, a golden opportunity arise and I finally got him!

Some time later, a TR Titan Master Thunderwing happen... in a 150$CAN set. No leader. That's all we got. Then, TLK Nitro come out as a TR compatible figure! With the perfect body to match the Titan Master TW head! Many made a TR/TLK Thunderwing custom this way. Now that I finally have all the figures it's time for me to join the party and make my own version.

I'm very happy with the results. Sure, it just can't compare to what real pros do, but I think I did well with the painting this time.
;)^

That looks like professional work to me. Now I know what body my Headmaster (I hate saying Titan Master) Ultra Magnus is going on.
"Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not.
Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
TreyTable
Micromaster
Watch TreyTable on YouTube
Buy from TreyTable on eBay
Alt Mode: 2003 Subaru Outback Sport
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 2
Endurance: 6
Courage: 5
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby -Kanrabat- » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:22 pm

It's that simple."
TreyTable wrote:That looks like professional work to me. Now I know what body my Headmaster (I hate saying Titan Master) Ultra Magnus is going on.

Well, blurry pictures help hide all the defects! :lol:

BTW, Ultra Magnus as a jet? :-?

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:55 pm

It's that simple."
Man, I didn't realised how these two look GREAT together!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby galvatron00 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:32 pm

Motto: "Peace through sandwiches."
Weapon: Shoulder-Mounted Mega-Blast Missile Cannons
Snap.
galvatron00
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 15
Buy from galvatron00 on eBay
Alt Mode: Kings Hawaiian Food Truck
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Return to Customizations

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SILVERSTREAK Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Legacy Hasbro 2022 New"
SILVERSTREAK Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JHIAXUS Transformers Legacy Voyager Class G2 Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK NOW**"
JHIAXUS Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KICKBACK Transformers Legacy Deluxe G1 Universe Insecticon Hasbro 2022 New"
KICKBACK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LEO PRIME Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Maximal Hasbro 2023 New/IN STOCK"
LEO PRIME Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLUDGEON Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Hasbro 2023 New"
BLUDGEON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "G2 JAZZ Transformers Legacy Evolution Walmart Universe Autobot Hasbro 2023 New"
G2 JAZZ Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K27 RHINOX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K27 RHINOX Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELJACK Transformers Legacy United Voyager Cybertron Mode Target 2024 New"
NEW!
WHEELJACK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K33 SLAMMER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
WFC-K33 SLAMMER Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CYBERTRON STARSCREAM Transformers Legacy United Voyager Hasbro 2024 New"
NEW!
CYBERTRON STARSCRE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BULKHEAD Transformers Legacy Voyager Class Prime Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
BULKHEAD Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIMAL + RATTRAP Transformers War Cybertron Trilogy Kingdom Netflix 2021"
OPTIMUS PRIMAL + R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCARR Transformers Legacy Evolution Core Class G1 Dinobot Skar Hasbro 2023 New"
SCARR Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K2 RATTRAP Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K2 RATTRAP Tra ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #350 - Oops! All Optimus
Twincast / Podcast #350:
"Oops! All Optimus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 18th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Breakdown Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Monxo and Wolfwire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Motormaster Figure" on AMAZON